“Site(s)” means the Company website, social media pages that we control, promotional sites, widgets and mobile sites and applications, our rewards programs, blogs, interactive applications, email and text messages that we send to you, and other digital/online properties on which these terms are posted or referenced (unless a different or additional policy is provided on a particular site, application, or service, in which case such different policy shall govern and control).
1 - COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
In connection with the Site, Greentone collects Personal Information and Other Information relating to use of the Site, and Products. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, that identifies the individual such as name, date of birth or age, email address, and telephone number, as defined by applicable law (“Personal Information”). Greentone may also collect other information, which includes, but is not limited to, your opinions, requests for certain products or services, information regarding products or services we may receive from you, preferences, purchase patterns, any other information related to the Products or Services gathered due to our relationship with you, geolocalisation, and demographic information (“Other Information”). On the Site, Personal Information and Other Information will be referred to as ‘’Information’’. To the extent that any information is considered Personal Information by local law, we also treat this information as such and ensure that our handling of this Personal Information complies with all applicable data privacy and protection laws.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, any Personal Information may be combined with any Other Information that you provide to us through other channels, that is publicly available, or that we may otherwise obtain, including from third parties.
2 - TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For our Site, Company may collect and use the following information:
- Sign in or Sign up: When you sign in to access our Site, or sign up to attend an event hosted by us or our designates, or sign up for our mailing list, you may be asked for Personal Information along with Other Information we need to help manage your profile. We may retain this Information and use it to contact you, inform you about our products and services or events, ensure and demonstrate compliance with law, assist you in the future, and improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question, or complaint, you may be asked for Personal Information that identifies you, such as your name, date of birth or age, email address and telephone number, along with additional Other Information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information and use it to respond to you, ensure and demonstrate compliance with law, assist you in the future, and improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
- Advertising and Analytics Partners: We may partner with Third-Party Service Providers (as defined below) for advertising services to present you with advertising on third-party Sites based on your previous interaction with our Site or the fact that you signed up for our mailing list. The techniques our partners employ will not collect Personal Information, but the information collected will allow them to better target advertisements and may be identifiable information [e.g., information about your online activities over time and across different Sites, including our Site, may allow them to develop a profile about you (such as your gender, age, and interests) that, if combined with Other Information could allow you to be identified]. We won’t use this information to attempt to identify you.
3 - WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- deliver to you and enable your use of the Products and Site related to your use thereof;
- personalize and improve the Site, Products, and/or Services;
- address inquiries, complaints, submissions, and feedback relating to the Services and/or the Site;
- compile your and other Users’ Personal Information to generate de-identified data (data with identifying information removed) for use by Greentone and its affiliates for business and research and development purposes, to enhance and expand upon our products and services or to promote the interests of Greentone and its customers;
- contact you with your consent, including to promote and advertise our products and services to you and to offer you discounts, promotions, and other offers relating to the Services or Products or other Greentone products or services;
- store, copy, or back up your Personal Information for providing the Services and for security and archival purposes;
- verify compliance with agreements between you and us, including the Terms and Conditions of Use associated with the Site and Services;
- conduct questionnaires or research about your opinion of current Services or of potential new Services that may be offered in the future or offer enrolment in contests, raffles, competitions, or draws;
- survey your activity through the Site and/or the Services, and your use of the Products;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- achieve other purposes, from time to time, as may be permitted by law.
We may engage other companies and individuals (“Third-Party Service Providers”) to make some or all of the uses of the Information referred to above on our behalf, and/or to perform some or all of the Services on our behalf. Third-Party Service Providers may require or be provided with access to your Information in order to make some or all of the uses of the Information referred to above on our behalf and/or to perform the Services on our behalf. We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that all Third-Party Service Providers acting on our behalf provide a level of protection for your Personal Information comparable to the level of protection that we provide.
We may also need to provide Personal Information to law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order.
By providing your information to Greentone, you consent to us using your Personal Information for the purposes outlined above.
4 - ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Greentone obtains your consent to collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information, except where no such consent is required by law. The method of obtaining consent depends on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the information. Consent may be oral or written, express or implied. Your express consent (verbal, written, or electronic agreement) is obtained to collect, use, or disclose sensitive personal information. Implied consent is obtained in circumstances where a customer relationship already exists, express consent has previously been given, or the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting email@example.com.
5 - COOKIES
6 - SOCIAL MEDIA
You may choose to share information on our Site via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Accordingly, the information you share, with name and preferences, will be visible to visitors of your personal pages. We advise you to carefully read the privacy policies of the social media parties, as these are applicable to the processing of your Personal Information by these parties.
We cannot control any policies or terms of such third-party social networks. For example, sharing such Information with Facebook may require us to implement cookies in order to facilitate communication between our Sites and Facebook. That Information, shared through cookies, then becomes subject to Facebook’s Data Policy, located at www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy. As a result, we cannot be responsible for any use of your Information or content by a third-party social network, which you use at your own risk.
7 - SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information collected through the Site from misuse or accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, acquisition, or access, that is consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
8 - THIRD-PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES AND LINKS
The Site may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party Sites or Internet resources. Company does not endorse, approve of, verify, attest to, or offer any representation or warranty with respect to the accuracy of the content of such linked Sites. If you decide to leave the Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
You are responsible for controlling access to your accounts associated with the Site and/or the Services and maintaining the confidentiality and security of your accounts and related password information.
9 - ACCESS RESTRICTED TO PERSONS OF LEGAL CONSUMPTION AGE
SITES AND ACCESS TO ALL ADVERTISING AND MARKETING INFORMATION ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR PERSONS OF LEGAL AGE OF USE BASED ON THE JURISDICTION WHERE SUCH CONTENT IS BEING ACCESSED OR VIEWED. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO VERIFY YOUR DATE OF BIRTH PRIOR TO ENTERING OR INTERACTING WITH A SITE. AGE VERIFICATION PROMPTS MAY ALSO BE LOCATED WITHIN THE SITES.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM THOSE UNDER THE LEGAL AGE OF USE AND REQUEST THAT SUCH INDIVIDUALS DO NOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION (DEFINED ABOVE TO US OR ACCESS OUR SITES. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE LEGAL AGE OF USE IN YOUR JURISDICTION AND HAVE ENTERED OUR SITE BY PROVIDING A FALSE DATE OF BIRTH, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE SITE. IF YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE UNDER THE LEGAL AGE OF USE HAS PROVIDED US WITH INFORMATION BY OBTAINING ACCESS IN VIOLATION OF THE APPLICABLE SITES’ ACCESS RESTRICTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AND THIS INFORMATION WILL BE REMOVED.
10 - CHANGES
11 - CONTACT US
Please contact us at the address set out below if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information; or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our Service providers treat your Personal Information.
355 Ste-Catherine West, suite 603
Montreal, QC H3B 1A5